If your email is sent out when most of your targeted audience is rushing to work, it would probably be lost in a pile among several others that remain unopened. Additionally, all your marketing efforts will waste.
This situation is a nightmare for every B2B marketer. But undoubtedly, emails are the perfect way to connect with your targeted audience, but the million-dollar question is – When is the best time to send an email?
But, before we jump on learning the best days and times to send emails, let’s first understand why email marketing matters for your business.
The Importance of Timing in Email Marketing
Nobody likes to talk to someone who doesn’t even listen, especially when you put a lot of effort into a conversation. In marketing, it’s not just the mental effort, but a massive investment of efforts put into planning, designing, and strategizing.
Your bulk email campaigns need an instant response to achieve your marketing goals and KPIs. Customers are not always waiting to interact with you on their phones or laptops. You should target specific times to ensure high open and click rates. After your target audience opens your email, you can boost conversion rates, sales volume, and ROI.
Marketing research has indicated that after 24 hours of landing in an inbox, email’s open rates drop to about 1%. This means that if your subscribers have not opened your emails within the first day of receiving them, the chances are that they’ll never read them in the future.
Moreover, that doesn’t include the emails that have been screened by their email service provider’s spam filters.
With so many rivals in the market and inboxes flooded with different marketing emails, the B2B marketer must send emails at the best time of the day/week, when recipients are most likely to open and read them.
Let’s find out when you should send your monthly, weekly, and daily email campaigns and how you can improve their performance.
Best Day of the Month to send your Emails
Each brand has its email sending frequency and its own ideal time to send emails. Newsletters generally land in subscribers’ inboxes two or three times a month, while promotional emails are sent out twice a week from online stores, not counting trigger emails.
However, there are a couple of days of the month that you shouldn’t miss out on. The click rate numbers are at their highest on the 5th, 7th, and 12th of the month.
We further advise you to schedule your email campaigns at the beginning of the month as it’s the best time to send email campaigns and measure performance metrics.
What Is the Best Day to Send Emails?
The three ideal days to send emails are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Data analyzed from 10 various studies show that Tuesday reigns top for shooting out marketing email campaigns.
Emails sent on Tuesday have the highest number of open rates, which result in a better CTR and increased site traffic.
Thursdays are the next best day to maximize open rates. If you are well prepared with your marketing emails, you could choose these two days to send your messages.
As per the Experian study, Emails sent on Tuesday have an excellent open rate of 18%, with Thursday being the second preference.
As per the Mailchimp and Customer.io research, the highest open rates are obtained if the email is sent on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
It is essential to mention that regardless of the day of the week you choose, make sure that you do not overload your subscribers’ inboxes. Doing this will result in your audience getting disappointed or irritated. Thus, all your hard work goes into the trash without opening an email.
The worst day to send an email campaign is Saturday & Sunday. People usually relax or take care of their personal lives, and the probability of them opening their inboxes is reduced.
Additionally, research indicates that weekdays showed significantly higher open rates than weekends.
You can run an A/B test to verify whether Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday is the best for your organization to gain maximum open rates for your emails.
What is the best time to send emails?
Millions of B2B data and statistics are available to help you understand when you should be sending out emails.
Marketing statistics reveal that Tuesdays and Thursdays are the perfect days to send emails. To know the precise hour of the day, here are some key transition times that aim to work best:
- 8 AM – the best time to grab the ones who check emails first-thing-in-the-morning
- 1 PM – falls during/after the lunch break
- 4 PM – when somebody needs a little me-time to pass the last working hour
- 6 pm – falls during or after an evening commute
The above-listed times are generally when people are actively online.
However, you can see that there’s no consensus on the exact day or time to send emails.
In reality, these slots don’t always work. Every email list comprises a different group of people with different habits. Thus, your best send time may or may not be the same as other industries.
While these email marketing standards give you a solid foundation to build on, there is no hard-and-fast rule for sending emails.
Instead, you have to understand YOUR targeted audience and know what works for them.
That being said, having an idea of the global standard of the best times to post is the perfect starting point. You can then test and tweak your campaign schedule to send emails at the perfect time.
GetResponse stated the highest open rate for email campaigns sent at 4 AM and the best click rate at 6 AM. However, how often do you receive emails at this time of the day? Such impressive results can be explained because only about 1.2% of all emails are sent at 4 in the morning.
How to Identify the Best Time to Send Emails for YOUR Email List?
The key transition times we mentioned above talk about ‘lunch break’ and ‘evening commute’ as they are the best times to send emails.
But what if your targeted audience doesn’t have these transition times in their daily life? For example, if your target market is new mothers, these optimal email times won’t make any sense to your audience.
Some primary principles will help you choose the best day and time to send your email campaigns and improve your performance metrics.
Target audience behavior
- Understanding your targeted audience is a crucial step when sending an email. The perfect time to send an email for one audience category may not be ideal for the other category.
- Thus, marketers need to closely observe and study their audiences’ behavioral patterns.
- Don’t forget evening email campaigns if your target audience is millennials. Teenagers are mostly available online at night, while older people like to get emails in the morning.
- Segment your contact list based on geography to identify the time zone of each subscriber. If you’ve segments from adjoining time zones, merge them to figure out the ideal time to send email campaigns.
- In this way, you will get to know their pace of life and send emails at their convenience.
- This is a crucial factor that determines when to send emails. If you’re a B2B solution provider, Tuesday works best. On the other hand, Friday or the weekend is a better option if you are in the entertainment industry.
- Successful email campaigns can provide tangible outcomes for your company, but what’s in it for your subscribers? Your email content is one of the keys to building long-term relationships with them. To improve your open and click-through rates, you need to ensure that your messages are relevant, timely, and valuable.
- You can improve performance metrics and figure out the best time to send emails campaigns by:
- maintaining short subject lines;
- sending personalized content;
- including persuasive CTAs;
- setting up triggered messages;
- collecting feedback and evaluating your performance
- Too many emails can annoy your readers, while very few emails can fail to make the desired impact.
- Make sure that you schedule your emails at a frequency that works best for your company.
- As per Marketingsherpa studies, subscribers like to get marketing emails at least once a week.
- We recommend using A/B testing to determine the best frequency for your firm.
Time is your ultimate marketing karma. You can only reach your defined goals and KPIs if you schedule your bulk email campaigns on the right day and time. It might not be easy in this rapidly changing world, but that’s what it takes.
Now that you know how to find an ideal time to send emails, we want to turn your focus to boosting your email subscribers and getting higher conversion and open rates with 100% accurate B2B data.
All your email marketing campaigns will only succeed if you have top-quality B2B data. At LeadsProspex, we help marketers achieve their marketing goals by offering high-quality, accurate, and up-to-date data from various sources.
Being a leading data solution provider, we at leadsProspex.com, offer a broad range of data for B2B marketers and business owners to aggregate, understand, and use their data. We also mine new, accurate data for lead generation and marketing campaigns LeadsProspex to help you stay ahead of the competitors.
Right from Jobs Data, and Email Address Validation, to Email Appending, Email Extraction, Bulk Email verification, Web Data Mining, Skip Tracing, Data Appending, Tech Install Data, Data Analytics, Data Tabulation, and Data Validation we do everything to help you achieve your marketing goals.